”I’m just sick & tired of being sick & tired,” sighed this emotionally and mentally exhausted working mum.
For this mum of two boys, “me” time wasn’t an option.
She continued: ”I haven’t met with friends in over 2 years. I have no one to help me with my kids; my husband is so self-absorbed that I can only depend on him for 5 min and that’s it. I literally have no help in my home. Day by day, all of my energy and attention is solely for my kids, I love them with all my heart, but I can only take so much.
I shouldn’t have to feel uncomfortable to ask to go to the store, or shower, or do something for myself. In a way, it makes me resent being a parent because I feel like I’ve given up all my human rights! It might be a bad way of thinking, but I’m not a good mom unless I can take care of my needs.”
Can you relate? Exhausted working mum is not a nice sight, nor is it a great feeling.
Watch the first episode of Magic Empowerment Lab and find your own answers to the challenges you are facing.
My vision for Magic Empowerment Lab is to bring you real-life stories of working mums and their challenges and coach you through the screen to find your own answers and inspiration to make the change you desire.
Although it’s called ‘’magic’’, don’t expect any witchcraft. There is no miracle in finding your own solutions – the trick is if you are willing to make time to dig deep for the answers and invest your effort to do the work.
”I believe the real magic lies in you and that you are the only expert about your life.”
How to get most of the Magic Empowerment Lab?
- set aside the time,
- take a pen and paper,
- listen carefully to my questions, and choose to answers those that resonate with you.
”I believe that finding your own insight is more powerful than receiving smart advice.”
Dear working mum:
After you’ve watched the video, here are the powerful coaching questions that will help you find your very own insights if you feel exhausted and asking for smart advice from strangers just isn’t your style:
- What is it that you want? What does your heart long for? (be specific) – 1 thing(let’s imagine we are having this conversation 1:1 and after some time working together + what is the one thing you’d like to leave with? It can be anything – a step, a feeling, an idea, clear mind, an answer…)
- Let’s play a little – let’s pack all the troubles, struggles, and pain in a big white box and tie it with a sparkling red ribbon. Let’s concentrate on that one thing that you want. What is it?
- Let’s imagine for a moment that you are already living it. (close your eyes) You have that 1 hour for yourself, what does it look like? Feel like? What can you hear there? When you have this vision, and it’s painted in beautiful colors, observe yourself. What do you notice? What would someone else say about you if they saw you?
- What would be in your life different if you had it?
- What would that mean to you?
- What’s it costing you not having it?
- What’s the downside of not solving this situation?
- What would it look like to you if the situation was resolved?
- What´s the situation currently in your life?
- What are the things that do work?
- What are you proud of about how you’re handling the situation?
- Where do you see some space for improvement in the current situation?
- How much of it is under your control?
- What are your options? What else?
- Which option would you like to explore further?
- What is the most meaningful action you could take now?
I’d be happy to hear your feedback on what has resonated, how it has helped, and what other topics you want to find your own solutions for.
If you want to dive deeper into your topic, please book your empowering coaching session here.